Saturday, February 14, 2015

Episode 38: Upskirt Pics of Jebus (Updated)

I thought for once, I'd get the show notes up before I posted the episode.

In theory, I'll be on an upcoming episode of the Bar Room Atheist.  Bill was doing a test and asked for volunteers to be on the episode, so I, Heretic Woman from the Beyond the Trailer Park podcast, and Callie from The Gaythiest Manifesto, all agreed to be guinea pigs for Bill and Suzy.  If it works out, then he'll use it.  If not, then he won't.

This is Chapter 24 of Doane's book, which talks about the second coming of Christ and the new millenium which is supposed to follow.

Here's the illustration I was talking about.


I'm thinking anyone under the gal in the blue skirt is probably going to be descending back to Earth as soon as they decide to look up.

The Nag Hammadi scriptures which contains the Gospel of Thomas

Doubting Thomas album which contains the song sampling Joseph Campbell talking about Nirvana.

The 'miraculous' blood of St. Januarius, which liquifies and resolidifies during Mass.

The grave of John the Apostle.

Doane mentions a lot names in this chapter, but unfortunately, a Google search brings up very little information on many of the people he talks about.

Papias

Joachim of Flora

St. Francis

William H. Prescott

John Comenius

Johann Bengel

Emanuel Swedenborg

Theosophy

Thanks for listening!  Audio for the episode will be up some time tomorrow.  (And these show notes will probably be edited before the episode posts, as I could swear I forgot to link to something, but I don't remember what it could be, and it'll probably hit me when I'm relistening to the thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment